The Active Security Officer Tracker (Tour Tracking -> Active Security Officer Tracker) shows the location of your Officers in near real-time as they are on Site.
Officers will need to have OfficerReports 3.9.2 or later, installed on their mobile device for their location to show in the Active Security Officer Tracker. Location data is captured after the Officer selects a Site from within the Mobile App and stops after the Officer signs out and/or closes OfficerReports.
Video: Active Security Officer Tracker
Active Security Officer Tracker - Officer Location Dashboard
The Active Security Officer Location Dashboard shows the location of your officers as they are on-site and works similar to the Real-Time Dashboard.
To view the Officer Location Dashboard:
- Click on Tour Tracking -> Active Security Officer Tracker -> Live Feed.
- The following window will open in a new browser tab:
Information specific to the Active Security Officer Tracker Dashboard:
- Battery Level: Current charge of the device the officer is using - 1% (0.01) - 100% (1).
- Battery Charging: If the device is currently charging.
- Accurate Within: Accuracy of the GPS location according to the device. Accuracy can be influenced by environmental conditions, as well as whether or not the device is located indoors vs outdoors.
- Accuracy: Rating that is given for the location breadcrumb. Please keep in mind that accuracy is a number that is given to our software by the device and some devices will be better than others.
Active Security Officer Tracker - Historical View
Each ping to the device will create an entry in the Active Security Officer Tracker, allowing you to review historical location data.
Note: Historical data is removed from the system after 90 days.
To view Historical Location Data:
- Click on Tour Tracking -> Active Security Officer Tracker -> Historical.
Information specific to the Active Security Officer Tracker:
Speed: Reported by the device.
- Accuracy: Accuracy of the GPS location according to the device. Accuracy can be influenced by environmental conditions, as well as whether or not the device is located indoors vs outdoors.
- IsSync: If the mobile device was not able to connect to the internet to upload location data, then the data is stored on the device until the device can connect with the internet. Once it connects to the internet the location dat is "Synced".
- Details: Shows the details of the location ping:
Information specific to the Active Security Officer Tracker Details window:
- DeviceId: If available from the device this will shown what is known as the Electronic Chip ID of the device. This is a unique ID that is given to each device as they are manufactured.